Swapping spit with a stranger. Not so glamorous.

When is close too close? A guy at the doctor's office was talking to me. He was spitting at me as he talked and the spit was landing on my lips. I was sitting on a chair and couldn't move any farther away from him, although I tried several times. I was trapped. Trapped with his spit dripping off my lips. It was almost like I was paralyzed. I didn't want to wipe it off onto my hand because then I would have his spit on my lips and my hand. If I moved to get up and get a tissue, it would quite possibly start dripping down my face. If I screamed for him to back away (like I wanted to) the spit would start oozing into my mouth. So I sat as still as I could, eyes closed, pretending to sleep and the man eventually stopped speaking to me.

I'm home now. I don't think there is enough Listerine in the world to make me feel better. I just feel dirty. I mean ewwwwwwww! doesn't seem to do the experience justice. But I'll lie down for a couple of minutes and be happy that I'm healthy and alive (without a strangers spit balancing precariously in little gobs all over my lips...and I'll be fine.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness....that was too gross for words....

Julie Ramsay said...

Hilarious! Was the man crazy??? Some people just don't understand closeness...ewwww!

mindy said...

He was very old and lonely. Possibly this was as close to making out this guy had been in a LONG time:) I'm totally j/k...

ldsjaneite said...

Yuck!!! We get people like that at the library, but usually I have the Reference Desk as a good barrier. How nasty for you.