She did it!

Heather got her drivers license today. She was so excited she could barely contain herself. I was invited to sit in the backseat for the drive home, so she could experience the thrill of "driving" without an adult in the front seat. She smiled and giggled the whole way home.

We pulled into the driveway and Heather ran next door to show her license to the neighbors. It's nice to see Heather so happy about driving. I bet I'll get at least a couple months of her running errands for me, before the excitement begins to wear off.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Yeah Heather! I remember being soooo excited too!

stefanie said...

Congrats to Heather! That's a fun milestone. No speeding tickets!

Jenny Dahlke said...

Congratulations, that is a HUGE milestone! None of my boys have gotten their licenses yet. Not because they don't want to, but because our rule is Eagle and then license. Guess they better get off their fannies and get past Life Scout.