Little People, London, Hickeys, and Strep: a Week in Review

It's been a busy week. Nancy came and took the kids away. But every day we find little reminders that they were here with us. Like today I put on my shoes and found a little people hiding inside each one. Brian came home from a week in London. He visited all the usual tourist type places including Abbey road and King's Cross Station. Oddly there wasn't a platform 9 (or 9 3/4).

Heather had All-State Orchestra this weekend and another 3 full days of playing her violin. I'm not sure how she found out, but she said that all of the first 10 chairs in the first violin section also sported a violin hickey (she was 10th chair 1st violin). This time, at Steve's request, I took a picture of her hickey. A special note for anyone reading this: I will not be impressed or excited by your hickey. I am not in any way, shape, or form recommending or encouraging hickeys. Unless, however, it is a violin hickey. In which case, Heather and I would like to be the first to congratulate you.

Nick and Sarah were both sick this week, but hopefully are now recovered from strep throat. I've let the rest of the kids know, in no uncertain terms they are not allowed to get sick, as I've no burning desire to return to the doctor anytime soon. Wow, what an exciting week we've had. I can only hope this coming week isn't quite as exciting. I could stand a few days of boring.

6 comments:

AM said...

You forgot the part about me taking up lacrosse, and me losing the county Social Studies Fair, even though I have no idea what place I got.

Anonymous said...

Ah... the trials one must face in the pursuit of artistic achievement. I'm amazed Emily got by without one during her week-long string camp this summer. We'll need to work harder this year.

Thanks for the picture. :)

Nancy said...

Ahhh....just think about that vacation coming up!!!! You totally deserve it. You rock, Mindy!

Julie Ramsay said...

Busy Busy! You've got to stay healthy...you're coming here!!! The sun is out today and its divine!

Unknown said...

Do you have a spring break? Sounds like you need one. I think it's funny that you took a picture of a hickey!!

mindy said...

Our spring break is the 3rd week in April---right after I get back from Switzerland:)