The Penultimate day and more random thoughts.

Brian thinks all my ideas should somehow be connected together. Well. They. Aren't. Sorry if it confuses everyone else. As we drive in the car Aurora and Jesse chatter. It isn't relaxed, mindless chatter either. It's intense---as fast as they can, have to get out every thought they've ever had---kind of talk. Like they've been storing it up for months or years. They are very interesting and after a week of hearing their secrets, I think I know everything.

Aurora wants to be a ballerina when she grows up and Jesse wants to be an artist. Which, Aurora thinks is very good, because then Jesse will be able to draw her everyday as she dances wearing her long, pretty ballerina dresses. This is just a tiny, speck of what I know.

Saturday we washed my car. It was 75 degrees outside and I have to admit after all the cold weather, it felt like summer. We rolled up our pants, took off our shoes and socks and waded in the puddles as we sprayed off the car. We each got a turn with the hose (some of us got longer turns than others). Unfortunately, we did such a good job cleaning the car, that when we went to the library later that day, we weren't able to find the car in the small parking lot. My car looks completely different when it's not covered in salt...

Jesse made a new kind of play-doh. He mixed a few colors together and called it his "rainbow play-doh." He showed it to me and said, "Isn't it a beauty?" The kids want to make chocolate chip cookies, so we're going to do that after lunch. Things are winding down, Nancy will be here in the morning so we're gathering and doing laundry.

Sorry I can't tie this all together for you. Maybe random fragments aren't meant to be linked together. Sometimes it's enough to be along for the ride. Just as long as you remember where you park.

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I followed your randomness...its about all I can handle...

mindy said...

are you hanging in there? still reading? I can always count on you to connect the disconnected:)

Anonymous said...

It would take me all day to come up with the funny entries you do on your blog! And you seem to me to tie it all together- like you find some message for the world to ponder from your everyday life experiences. (example-do you ever feel like you're going nowhere?)Have fun on your last day with the little kids!

Nancy said...

My kids talk like that around me too. I wonder if I ever have an original thought that doesn't contain something that they've talked about.