"Thinking outside of the box(ers)"

We were driving home from church on Sunday when we saw 2 teenage boys walking on the sidewalk. You know who I'm talking about---the boys with the jeans hanging so far down on their hips that they look like they are going to fall down...Well, right as we were driving by, his pants fell down. I was shocked realizing that my car full of kids had just seen this boy lose his pants!

But what was even more amazing, was that he didn't even hesitate or miss a step. In one continuous fluid motion he pulled his pants up. This could only mean one thing---this happened a lot and he was an expert by this time. (Too bad no one had taught him to pull them up a little bit higher...) In fact, he was so used to them falling down, I don't even think he noticed he'd lost them in the first place.

Sadly enough, this wasn't the first time I've seen a teenage boy lose his pants (and trust me, I don't drive around looking for this...) I can only think that it has become an epidemic...Maybe teenage boys could start wearing their underwear on top of their pants. Obviously, they want us to see their underwear. This would solve that problem, and it would also help to keep their jeans up. It sounds like a win-win solution to me...of course belts are the obvious answer, but that's just me...

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

I remember when I was in college it was "cool" to have a really long belt. Remember when we used to roll up our jeans in high school? Oh how the times and fads change!