Sigh...

I'm restless today. I sat in relief society staring at the clock. I just couldn't get myself to pay attention to the lesson. The young women had joined us for class, so I was sitting next to my daughter and got an idea.

"Heather, pretend to have a seizure---then I can take you out of class," I whispered into her ear. I was feeling desperate. Sitting for three hours seems almost impossible for me anymore...Heather looked at me like I was crazy and rolled her eyes. She thought I was kidding. Too bad. It seemed like class would never end and when it finally did, it went ten minutes over time (probably punishment for my seizure idea).

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble sitting through such a long church schedule? Maybe everyone else just hides it better---or they are better at getting their kids to take them out...

5 comments:

Nancy said...

That's one of the great joys of having a baby....you can blame anything on them, including needing to walk the halls for a few minutes. HA!

Anonymous said...

What was the lesson about? I feel the same way Mindy, but I don't hide it. I get up and leave to get a snack in my car. At least you didn't have a teacher who told you that you were breathing too loud. A teacher did in our Primary today!!!No joke!!

Julie Ramsay said...

I think being in primary and young womens does that to you. You just have to get back in the habit of day dreaming!

mindy said...

I think the problem was that we had a double hitter. A really long boring talk in sacrament meeting and then another snoozer lesson to top it off...I can handle one, but two is just too much! I do much better with YW (we play some games, have some refreshments, etc---that sounds like primary, oh well)sadly enough, I don't even remember what the lesson was about---just all the possible ways to escape.

Katydid said...

I look at shoes and wedding rings or make dinner in my head.., sometimes I do mental make-overs. Impressive huh?