Why McCain is in my Bathroom

A friend walked by our bathroom yesterday and could only yell out, "Whoa!" as she pointed in shock, fear, or maybe concern. My son called out to her, "Oh, I forgot to warn you that McCain was in our bathroom."

You may be wondering why we have a life-sized cardboard cut-out of John McCain in our bathroom. There are a couple of reasons...the first one is obvious. He simply got in the way when we had him in the kitchen---finally after bumping into him for the third time on her way to the fridge, one of my kids put him in the bathroom.

The biggest reason we have McCain in our bathroom is because his neck has sagging skin and is unnaturally white. I know that sounds mean but I'm just being honest. I spent the better part of a day blowing up a picture of my friend's son's head (who is on a mission) to just the right size so that I can glue it on top of McCain's head but because of his NECK, I have not been able to finish my project.

And no one wants to finish up this project more than I do. Besides the fact that my friend has another son who is getting married and I'm sad her missionary will be missing the wedding (hence the cardboard cut-out, so her missionary son can be in all the wedding photos), I am stuck with McCain in my bathroom. It's bad enough that he is a presidential candidate that I don't even want to vote for, but he seems to be following me around...my kids think it's funny to hide him in various places throughout the house. Will he be in my daughter's closet with her robe draped around him, in the basement, around the corner, in the bathtub with a towel around his neck...

So as I ponder ways to fade in a young missionary face with a flabby neck, the clock ticks away. I get distracted too easily---maybe McCain could just sell a couple of his houses, get some plastic surgery and solve the problem for me! I guess it couldn't hurt to send him an e-mail...

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Could you trim the fat on his neck? That sounded gross...sorry.

mindy said...

I ended up pasting a section of the missionaries forehead over McCain's neck so he had a third eye in the middle of his neck. Luckily his head covered up the eye...It took me a week to figure out what to do though...quite a pain!

ldsjaneite said...

That's hilarious! There was a Jack Sparrow who wandered all over in our apartment complex last year. Once he was in a formal dress, too. Great picture, too!

Molly said...

Here's the really obvious question....Why do you have a cardboard cutout of McCain in the first place? :)