There's more than one way to skin a snake

My husband is the scoutmaster for our church boy scout troop. "What are you planning to do on your hike this weekend?" I asked my husband. "First-Aid," he replied. "One of the boys needs to finish up his first aid merit badge."

I told him that now-a-days all you really need to do for first-aid, is have a cell phone to call 911. "Except, of course, if you're camping somewhere without cell phone reception," he reminded me. Oops, except then, of course.

"Then all you need is a hard rock," I told him. "If a scout gets hurt, just hit him with the rock and knock him out, until you can get him to help." Seemed simple enough to me.

"Remind me never to get hurt with you around," my daughter Heather commented from the back seat. Hey, I was just saying that if I were to get hurt and had to rely on the scouts for help, that I personally, would rather be hit in the head with a rock and put out of my misery, than have to endure whatever "techniques" the scouts would try to experiment on me. But that's just me...

"Then it's a good thing I'm going to be teaching the first-aid on the camp out," my husband said. Probably, I thought. It was probably a good thing he was the scoutmaster and not me...

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

A rock? What about a boulder?

mindy said...

Brian suggested using a soft rock and hitting really hard...