trampolines and rooftops...

The last time I visited my sister Julie, it took several days for Tim and Ben to get used to me. They would look at me and watch me---not sure who I was and why I was there. This time, they have taken to me quite nicely and almost immediately. It is awesome.

Last night after dinner Ben came and stood next to me with his coat and shoes on. "Where are you going," his dad asked. "I'm going with HER." Ben replied, pointing to me. Well, I wasn't going anywhere, and when I told him that I was sleeping up in Monica's bed---he got very excited. "So you can come jump on the trampoline with me," he decided, taking my hand. I guess I could.

I've gotten hundreds of kisses and hugs, they crawled into bed with me this morning, and they came into the bathroom to talk to me while I was in the shower. The older kids are friendly and welcoming, but they are, well, older, and not as free with their love as the twins are. I absolutely can't get enough of it! I'm already dreading having to say goodbye to them when I leave.

"The sun is already awake," Tim tells me as we snuggle under the covers. "We can climb onto the roof and show you," Ben offers, putting his small feet on the wall like Spiderman. I smile thinking of the three of us sitting on the roof and the looks we would get from the cars driving past. Now that would be fun.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Such a good sweet post about my boys. They are lovely when their not destroying things!

Jenny Dahlke said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun with the boys. I LOVE that stage, and am always sad when they get older and don't climb into bed for the morning snuggles. That's probably why I have so many kids, to keep the snuggles and cute, innocent comments coming. Once Rachael outgrows this state I should be pretty close to being a grandma and will get to enjoy all that with my grandchildren:)
(I do have to agree with Julie, they have to be very cute so we'll put up with all the destruction!)