All jokes aside

When the kids were sick they didn't want to eat anything. Okay, when Heather was sick she didn't want to eat anything. The only thing I could tempt her with was the Popsicles--and only then, because of the jokes on the sticks. Putting jokes on Popsicle sticks was a stroke of pure genius! First, you wouldn't think you'd ever need a reason to make a kid eat a Popsicle, so why bother, right? But here I was: desperate for Heather to hydrate and luckily for me the joke did the trick!

I didn't expect the jokes to be funny or anything. In fact they were pretty lame (What did the hamburger couple name their daughter?) And it would have been fine except, THEY USED THE SAME THREE LAME JOKES FOR THE WHOLE BOX! That was pretty annoying. How hard would it be to put a different corny joke on each Popsicle stick? Here I am with a sick kid. The only joy in her life is from reading the joke and it's the same ones over and over again. Pathetic.

I wanted to call the number on the side of the box and complain, but then I realized how pathetic I would sound. "Uh, your jokes are lame and they are all the same. And your mama can't dance." I know, pathetic. So, Heather stopped eating the Popsicles, but at least she got better.

So, just to warn you. If you are thinking about buying Popsicles solely for the jokes on the stick. Think again. NOT WORTH IT. It was a good idea, if they only had a few more jokes...

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Maybe we could send them a whole dozen of jokes and then they could update themselves...I will start out...
Q: Why did the chicken cross the playground?
A: To get to the other slide.

mindy said...

Actually that's at least as good as the ones they had.
Q. What do lazy dogs do for fun?
A. Chase parked cars.

Nancy said...

OK, I'll join in on this campaign to improve the jokes on Popsicle sticks. I really didn't even know there were jokes; I buy the cheap kind and they don't have any!!
Q: When is a car not a car?
A: When it turns into a driveway.

Anonymous said...

I agree!! Elizabeth always has me read them, but she never understands them.
The only one I remember is the one with the melons and that they "cant-o-lope".