Doctor: friend or foe

There's something about doctors. I don't know what it is. I can go into a regular check-up feeling fine, but by the time I leave I feel like I'm on my death bed or something.

"Everything okay?" He asks me. I like my doctor. He's awesome.
"Yep," I tell him. "Just the usual."
"Usual?" he probes.
"You know, the normal forgetfulness." I tell him. I figure everyone forgets things. This is perfectly normal for me and I've learned that if I don't write things down, they cease to exist...

"What do you forget?" he wants to know.
"Um, how old I am, the year I graduated from high school, regular stuff like that." I tell him. In fact, just this past Saturday someone asked me what year I graduated from high school. I couldn't remember!!! I guessed 1998. They were like: "so you had your first child when you were nine?" Oops, wrong year....

So I did learn something today. I guess it isn't normal to forget your age, go figure!

6 comments:

Molly said...

I was 9 when Sarah was born. Just a fun little fact, use it as you wish.

Nancy said...

HA! Hilarious! Don't worry...I forget everything too. I think once you have kids you forget all about the time beforehand in order to be happy where we are right now. One of God's little miracles! :)

Julie Ramsay said...

I forget a lot too....wish I had a better memory. Let me know if he gives you any helpful advice...

mindy said...

Well of course my Thyroid needs tweaking again, but if that doesn't help, he also ran 6 other tests to check for stuff...too bad I can't remember what they were for:)

Anonymous said...

I remember dumb stuff---like where my locker was in junior high!!

Anonymous said...

304-295-6376

That was my phone number at 901 34th Street in Vienna. However, I have trouble remembering my own cell phone number, now...

How's that? :)