A nice surprise

Since we were all flying to Utah this summer, I figured I wouldn't get to go on my annual trip to visit my sister Julie. Don't get me wrong, I love to go to Utah to see my family and friends but taking the kids with me, means it isn't much of a "vacation." Not that I need one---I mean my life is pretty good, I don't really need a vacation from my life, it's just nice to get away every now and again. It gives the kids a chance to appreciate me a little more and makes me miss them and want to cook and clean for them again---it's a win-win situation.

So, I was surprised when my husband asked me what dates I wanted to go to Switzerland. Hummm, can I leave tomorrow? Probably not. I leave at the end of March for two weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!

Not that I'm going to do any site seeing. I've visited her enough times that we've done all the tourist stuff. This is all about the stuff I love most. Staying up all night watching a years worth of movies (we love the romantic comedies), eating great food, seeing all the neat tricks her kids have learned in the past year, and cleaning Julie's house. I know it sounds strange. But I love to clean other people's houses. It's hard to throw out my own stuff, I never know if I might need it or not. It's so much easier when it's not mine...

And maybe when I get back, my family will have missed me or at least noticed I was gone:)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, good for you! You'll need a break after a week with my kids if taking a break from your kids isn't enough of an incentive...:)

Unknown said...

That's wonderful!I am so glad you get to go!! I love coming to WV without the kids. I get to sit down and talk and not worry about my kids getting into somebody's stuff. I can RELAX! I know you'll have a great time!!!

Julie Ramsay said...

YEAH!!!! I am soooooo excited! We've got to get our movie list ready so we can watch everything!