Turn it up

Driving in the car the other day, surprisingly enough, a song came on the radio. It wasn't my favorite song, but the lyrics caught my attention. They were, "I can change, I can change...."

Huh. No matter how hard I try, I don't think that I really can change. I know that people do, but it's pretty rare. And in the end it's more of a miracle, than just someone randomly deciding they want to change.

So kids, you will just have to resign yourselves to the fact that you will never have a mature, sophisticated mother. And if you continue to forget things at school, you don't need to be surprised when I show up at school in my pajamas...

I will also (no matter how hard I try) never be able to get from here to there (whereever there happens to be) without getting lost. Even if I have directions...it's just part of who I am. And if it annoys you, just think about how frustrating it is for me. And I do try, but just can't seem to keep myself from peeking during the prayer---especially the really long ones!

So, as you listen to the song, if you listen close enough...you can hear me. I'll be singing at the top of my lungs---just a little off key. Do you hear me? With the chorus, I'm singing, "I can't change, I can't change..."


5 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Mindy...I love you just the way you are. dgfdgfvalkjldkfjjfdkfvfvddvvd Tim typed for a second. He said...I love you toogggkjdsakdjdjdjdkkjdsd

mindy said...

Tim I love you! Ben,I love you too! Thanks, you're sweet.

Molly said...

Man, I was hoping for some deeper confessions than that. That's all?? :)

mindy said...

Molly, Molly of course I can count on you to want the dirt. If you want the good stuff, you'll have to wait...

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! I'd like to think I've matured and gotten "better". But sometimes I feel like I'm still the same girl I always was- minus the 80's rock star hair.