Home Remedies...

Heather has spent the past 3 days rehearsing with the WVU Honor Orchestra. She had an 8 hour rehearsal yesterday instead of going to school. Before bed she kept running into our room to tell us all the fun things that had happened during the day.

We thought she'd finally gone to bed when she came running in one last time very excited. "I forgot to tell you one of the best parts," she exclaimed, jumping up and down. She lifted up her chin and pointed to a red spot on her neck.

"I have my first violin hickey!" she squealed, barely able to contain herself. I guess she's waited her whole life for one of those. When someone has a violin hickey, it's the true sign of a dedicated musician.

"Wow," we replied, unsure of how we were supposed to react.

She then proceeded to tell us that one of the cello players had told her not to try to cover it up with make-up because it would just make it look worse. It had been recommended that she put a spoon in the freezer and then put the frozen spoon against it to help it look less noticeable.

Well, I can see how her violin hickey would be less noticeable with a FROZEN SPOON stuck to her neck instead....

So, I'm documenting my daughter's first violin hickey. I'm so proud.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I didn't even know such a thing existed. I'm sure you're very proud!

Anonymous said...

What? No pictures for posterity?

Molly said...

You sure it's from the violin? Although, if it's not, the chin wouldn't be a very exciting place to have a hickey....Not that I'd know....