And behind curtain number one?


So i'm taking a shower this morning and enjoying the beautiful scenery outside the window when it hits me: if I can see out this window...EVERYONE CAN SEE ME! AACK! I take a few calming breaths and do the only thing I can in order to rinse out the shampoo in my hair and get out of the shower as quickly as possible. I pretend i'm invisible. Hey, don't mock me. It works for me.
Needless to say, we are putting up curtains today. I didn't think it would be an easy task. I mean, after we started this morning, I saw that my sister had perfectly legitimate reasons for putting off this task for so long. Personally, I would be content to give my neighbors and passers-by a free show for the unforseeable future if I had to overcome the curtain-hanging obstacle we faced today.

First we unscrewed the old rods---not too bad. But then Julie had to cut new rods to size. Holy cow---this is so a man's job...


Notice Julie is using the power tools...

Screw in new rods which coincidentally were the perfect size. And we think it was more luck than skill...we tried to use the power drill to screw in the tiny screws but ended up having to do them all by hand. bummer.



Final product: Room number 3 completed! The rest of the rooms will have to wait until after lunch. Our arms are killing us. Don't they look lovely? Julie sewed them!!!

5 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Mindy you worked your butt off! I never would have done it without you!!!

sheila said...

How resourceful! Nothing stops you! I hope the neighbors don't have binoculars!

mindy said...

I don't think they needed binoculars---several people from her ward have mentioned they have driven by at night and have seen into her house...

Jenny Dahlke said...

That is awesome, I can just picture you going to church and some of the members blushing when they see you, others looking at you intently, because they can't quite recognize you...clothed, and maybe a few winks will even be sent your way.LOL
I know curtains can be a bugger to hang, but you both did a fantastic job. Love the curtains Julie.

Heather said...

Nice, mom, nice. You should really notice things like windows before you undress...

My word is calts, is that like a cult for cats?