Not really what I had in mind...


Maybe it's punishment for skipping Sunday School, but Nicholas and I had to run home after sacrament meeting to get something he'd forgotten. On the way back to church we were almost killed. Seriously, we were on the freeway and a car in the other lane merged right into us. I veered onto the shoulder and it took several minutes before I could stop shaking enough to continue. Deep breaths. Very deep breaths.

The worst part of it was my ridiculous horn. I surprised myself that I had the presence of mind to remember that I even had a horn and really laid into it. "Toot toot." You have got to be kidding me. It was a: "Hiya, how ya doing?" kind of beep. Not the "HEY you almost rammed me off the road and KILLED ME!" blare, I had envisioned.

I really need to do something about that horn. I picture something louder with a little more attitiude.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Have you seen RV? Now that RV had a really LOUD horn...but maybe not the rough and tumble horn you're imagining...best not to skip church...we don't want you dead!

Sheila said...

To get that effect you have to push down on the horn and hold it in that position. You will get a nice long "you're a jerk" sound. I've tested it!

Stefanie said...

Before using it on the open road, make sure you practice Sheila's technique in the garage at about 4 in the morning... We're glad you're not dead.