I have the power.

I have this shirt. I wear it whenever I need a little extra boost or am feeling a little down. I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Can you believe it? I take it as a personal affront to get sick while i'm on vacation---It's unacceptable! I've decided to completely ignore it and not give it the satisfaction of slowing me down. It will not ruin my time in Switzerland with my sister.

So, anyway, I put on the shirt this morning. I don't wear it very often, just in case it loses some of it's power when I wash it. I came downstairs and the boys went crazy! They absolutely loved my shirt and have been stroking and caressing it all morning. "It's so pretty," they tell me. And it is. It's bright with every color swirled together. Tye-dye.

"You had this shirt in your suitcase this whole day (time)?" Ben asked, touching my sleeve lovingly. He couldn't believe I hadn't been wearing it every single day. "You have more of these pretty shirts in your suitcase?" Tim wanted to know if I've been holding out on them. Nope this was the only one, and between the shirt and the massive amounts of drugs, I was feeling much better.

I bent over and felt a whap on my behind. "Big," Ben yelled out. "Big," (another smack,) "Booty!" he ended with a final whack, followed by a chorus of laughter from the boys. I stood there wondering if I should feel insulted. But I had on the shirt. Any other day, maybe I'd have felt self-conscious. But today, in my shirt---me and my big, big booty are feeling fine.

4 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

You have a small booty. It was said lovingly...as they say it to me all the time. They love you soooo much! Thanks for buying them all those toys too!

Jenny Dahlke said...

I hope you're feeling better. Thank goodness for magical shirts, even if they do make your booty look big, guess we have to take the good with the bad;)

Heather said...

Magical shirt? And just when I thought you were regaining your sanity, oh well. btw, Sarah is in on the couch complaining of a fever...

mindy said...

tell Sarah to wear HER magic shirt, it'll make her feel much better---Trust me...