You can sleep well tonight. I got them all.

It started out 13 years ago with a crabby neighbor complaining that MY dandelions were ruining his lawn. It was our first home and I desperately wanted to be a good neighbor. I was eight months pregnant with 3 small children---but I spent hours each day diligently digging out each dandelion.

Somewhere it has changed from a simple desire to please, to a life altering obsession. But hey, a girl has to have a hobby. And as far as hobbies go, annihilation of dandelions isn't too shabby. Most importantly, I get to use a knife. I do own an actual tool made specifically for digging up dandelions (who knew such a tool even existed?!?) but I prefer the old steak knife which has been officially consecrated to the cause.

I have found that if I am constantly vigilant in my quest to rid the world of dandelions---one yard at a time (my yard, that is) it doesn't get very overwhelming at all. In fact, it can be quite relaxing.

So, as I was digging the splinters out of my hand this morning after a particularly nasty battle---I reminded myself that superheros don't cry. But it's okay for them to whimper and moan a little, right? I got a couple of blisters as well...those dandelions are really in for it now.

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I hope you aren't cursed with the kind that all spring up the day after. Do you have a picture of the Dandelion Picker-Outer? I can't even imagine what one looks like!

mindy said...

I added my dandelion haul as well. (Is that prideful?) I'm not sure if you can see the tool very well from the picture...but you get the general idea:)

Jenny Dahlke said...

Good for you! You should proudfully display your "kill", that's what any good hunter would do.

ldsjaneite said...

I clicked the picture to zoom in. Whoa. That's a nice haul. Gonna make soup out of them? Mmmm...ick.

Julie Ramsay said...

You're amazing! Super Dandelion to the rescue!