Is there a method to the madness or just madness?

I was running through the house putting away laundry the other day. In the back of my mind, I knew something was a bit off. The cats usually follow me from room to room, but today as I ran down the hallways, they hid under my bed. It wasn't like I was in a hurry or anything. I just couldn't put my finger on it...

Laundry put away, I poured myself another can of dr. pepper. As I rinsed out the can and put it in the sink, I suddenly knew. Ahhh, there were already 5 cans in the sink.

I had started keeping my daily cans in the sink to monitor my drinking. Two cans---back to back--is good. Sometimes I need a third. I had just poured myself can number 6. No wonder why I felt kind of funky and a little too jumpy...it all made sense. "How did I not notice all the cans in the sink before now?" I wondered.

I would have to be more diligent from now on, I decided as I took a drink. Yes, moderation is important. I knew this for a fact as I started vacuuming out the couches. No one needs this kind of energy. It just isn't natural.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Awesome! I wish I could have that kind of energy....maybe when my kids grow up!

mindy said...

you do--i've seen you in action. With me, it comes and goes:)