Breakfast in the twilight zone.

The family was gathered around the table. It had been far too long since we'd all eaten a meal together so it was nice. My husband Brian, picked up a piece of bacon, "This looks like a tongue," he commented, as he arranged it to hang out of his mouth.

"Mom---dad is sticking his tongue out at me," Anna called out with mock indignation.

"Anna is talking with food in her mouth," Sarah observed from across the table.

"Sarah is tattling," My husband complained.

"Mom, dad is re-tattling...." Heather reported.

"Re-tattling isn't even a word," Sarah inserted, clearly not impressed.

I could tell this was never going to end if I didn't do something. "If it's possible to re-gift; you must be able to re-tattle," I announced loud enough to hopefully end the discussion.

I looked up just in time to see that I was wrong. It would never be over. My husband had just picked up another piece of bacon and was hanging it out of his mouth, moving it from side to side...Didn't we just have this conversation???

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

I wish I was there to hang bacon out of my mouth too! sounds like a hoot...oh by the way mom said you told her that she hurt my feelings....MINDY! ha ha

Jenny Dahlke said...

So, is this one of those meals that makes you regret not eating together more often, or did it remind you of why you don't?
I love family meals, they can be very random (I think that's the word the kids are using these days)!

AM said...

It was dinner. Not Breakfast. We were having brekfast for dinner, remember?