Can we at least share it?

I chew a lot of gum. And I'm not a pretty gum chewer either---imagine a cow chewing their cud and you get the idea. But when necessary, it allows me to sit for long periods of time and still feel like I'm doing something, so don't judge me too harshly. At church I require a lot of gum...

Tim sat on my lap during sacrament meeting today. "What you eating?" he asks, with his face seriously close to mine. "I'm not eating, it's gum," I whisper. He's now got his nose pressed against my lips inhaling deeply. "Mmmm," he smiles. "Open your mouth and let me see," he instructs. This kid is obsessed with gum and usually after smelling it and checking out what color it is, he's fine. Being obsessed with gum myself, I understand and open wide so he can take a look.

"I think I need it," he mumbles. But before I understand what he's said---his tiny fingers are in my mouth and he's stolen my gum. Chewing his newly acquired gum vigorously, he smiles and nods. "Mmmm," he repeats, "It IS good." I know. It was. I check my pockets---yep. It was my last piece.

2 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Good times! That was quite a shock when he reached in there! He was like lightening fast! I'll try to teach him manners...one day!

Sheila said...

Must have been the cinnamon flavored ones. They always smell the best!