Don't mess with the unstable crazy lady...

Today we went to the park for an Easter egg hunt. Before the hunt the kids played games and we played at the park. There was a giant jungle gym type thing Monica was climbing on. It looked interesting...

There were some older kids at the top who were shaking the jungle gym while I climbed up to the top. "Please stop," I called out politely. Yeah right, that worked. They started shaking it more vigorously. They were doing it on purpose.

"Stop shaking it, or I'm going to come up there and beat you up!" I threatened in the meanest voice I could muster (really, I wanted to laugh, when I saw the shocked look on the boys' faces.) It worked. The shaking stopped and one of the boys even climbed down and showed me the correct way to climb up to the top. Actually I was relieved. Not that I didn't think I could totally take them---2 smallish boys---not a big deal. But while climbing the jungle gym, they might have had the advantage. Plus, their moms were sitting down below watching.

One of the boys started hanging upside down and of course, to prove I was no whimp, I had to try it myself...at least I didn't fall and kill myself! Although now I'm feeling a bit sore...



6 comments:

Heather said...

That's not you in the picture right?

mindy said...

It's my body double...Of course it's me!!!

Julie Ramsay said...

She was wearing sunglasses and her mouth was hanging open but it is indeed your dear mother. One friend said to me, "She's crazier than you!" Of course your mother drinks caffeine and I haven't started that ritual yet...there's still hope...still time!

sheila said...

What a way to take charge!! You're the queen of the jungle gym!! Way to go!!

AM said...

i'm gonna tell the bishop that you were being mean to young children! then you will have to be punished by being put in the primary where you can learn how to get along with others:)

mindy said...

Hey, Primary doesn't sound too bad---snacks and games? That's about my speed. And if i can learn how to get along with others, I'll consider it a perk:) Thanks for looking out for me Anna!