The first step is always the hardest.

Well I did it. It's probably the hardest thing I have to do each year. I bought a bathing suit. No, I didn't actually try it on or anything crazy like that--that would be asking too much. But I did buy one. That has to count for something.

I don't know what it is about bathing suits. I guess it's the fact that no matter what I tell myself or how delusional I am, as soon as I'm in a bathing suit and looking in the mirror I can see nothing but the truth. Reality can be harsh. And it's not that I even care what anyone else thinks about how I look...

The more I think about it though, being self conscious is really a blessing. I've decided that if I had a tiny, skinny body I would probably never want to wear clothes---ever. I would probably be tempted to wear one of those, gasp, skimpy bikinis as well. So, thank goodness I have a frumpy, saggy body. If nothing else it has made me MODEST! And for that I can be thankful.

6 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

PICTURES!!! We want pictures! ha ha ha...I'm very modest too!

Nancy said...

Embrace your lumps!

Jenny Dahlke said...

You are so funny!!! So, now that you have the suit, will you actually wear it out in public?

mindy said...

By golly Jenny, I hope not!!!

Anonymous said...

Bathing suits....they cost a fortune, yet we dread wearing them. What????? I had to buy one for pool therapy. I just walked into the store, grabbed the same suit in two different sizes (not disclosing what two) and picked the one that fit. THE BEST SUIT I EVER BOUGHT for the record....

Anonymous said...

I'm really not anonymous, I'm Becky, just couldn't figure out how to start an account....:) I love technology....:P