Cans, Cans, Cans...

I went to the store this week and for some unexplainable reason they were out of my pop. I must be their best customer. I probably buy more cans of pop than anyone else in town and I come EVERY WEEK. How hard is it to keep my pop in stock? The manager just looked at me blankly as I ranted and raved, insisting on some valid explanation.

Not getting anywhere with my interrogation, I took several of the 2 liter bottles and left. I was not impressed. However, not being a life-long pop drinker, I did actually learn something important from this unfortunate experience: pop from the bottle, tastes different than pop from a can. Huh, who woulda thunk...It turns out that I don't like pop from a bottle, but will still drink it if I have to. My initial reason for preferring pop in a can is that I can keep track of how much I'm drinking. So, you know, I won't get a drinking problem. (I know. I think I must write about my Dr. pepper obsession at least once a week. But trust me: I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!)

Anyway, I was complaining about this to my husband the other day when he came home for lunch. "It was so much easier when I could see how many empty cans were in the sink." He nodded his head sympathetically. "The real problem is that I can't remember whether I've already drank my half a bottle or just beginning." I pointed to the half full bottle of pop on the counter. (I had decided that 1 liter equals 3 cans of pop. I have no rational explanation for this decision, it just seemed like an easy way to measure.)

As I bounced from foot to foot my husband asked, "So are you on your third half today?" I wished I could laugh and say he was wrong. But you know what? For all I knew, he could've been right. I blame Walmart.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Hilarious!!! YOu are such a talented writer! I love your caffeine kick! I would drink dr. pepper too if I could buy it here and if my family would still live with me...

Nancy said...

Keep a can and then just fill it up with the stuff from the bottle.....or keep multiple cans. RECYLE, REUSE.....

Jenny Dahlke said...

I didn't know it tastes different depending on the container. I've never really liked soda....maybe I do like soda I've just been drinking it from the wrong container, hmmmmmmmm, something to think about.