Some days you can't win...

I went to the bank to cash a check. "Hey, where's my money?" I asked, looking at the receipt the cashier handed me.

The cashier giggled and then replied, "Oops, I'm having a bad day." She gave me my money and I left.

Hmmm. I think if you work at a bank, your bad day can't include forgetting to give someone their money. I'm just saying...but hey, maybe it's just me.

And perhaps it is just me. I left the bank and went to Burger King. I had to pick up Sarah and have her lunch across town by 11:00 to get her back to school in time. I'd called and Burger King started serving lunch at 10:30 so I figured it would work out perfectly. (McDonald's lunch starts at 10:45 in case you ever need to know.)

I pulled into the drive-thru at 10:29, quite pleased with myself. When I told them what I wanted to order, the voice on the intercom informed me that it would be a while before they were serving lunch. "I can wait a minute," I replied patiently. "Our clocks are 15 minutes slow," the voice replied.

Huh? Basically they were serving lunch then at the same time as McDonald's, right? I left.

2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

15 minutes slow is pretty off there. Hmmm... Is it a blessing or a curse that I like to eat breakfast foods at all hours--'cause I would have said "Sweet! I didn't miss it!" and order breakfast. :-)

Julie Ramsay said...

It sounds like your whole town was having a bad day! I wish you'd come and bring me BK for lunch! You're such a great mom!