It's raining, it's pouring, school is cancelled...



My husband called at 11:15 today to tell me that school was getting out 3 hours early. I looked around in a panic and did the math on my fingers. "Hey, that means they'll be home any minute!" Rats. Of all the days to still be in my pajamas...it figures.

I guess when it rains a lot the school parking lot floods. So they get their feet wet---who cares...They can wear some nice wading boots and bring an umbrella. See, no problem.

At least now that the kids are home they can help me get the laundry done and Heather volunteered to go to the store to buy some milk. (Why is it that we keep running out of milk...) I guess it's okay that they are home early. For today at least.

Maybe the part that bothers me the most is that I never got out of school because of too much rain. It's just not fair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the cute "gesture" with the feet...

-Me

Julie Ramsay said...

UNFAIR! At least your kids are easy and helpful!

Heather said...

what she didn't say was that the creek flooded and buses couldn't get out. I thought our little car was going to be washed away. my mom should be getting pictures of the deluge.

Jenny Dahlke said...

Wow, we've never done the rain closure, but I love when school is canceled because of POSSIBLE snow, and then the kids are home to play in the beautiful 60 degree weather:) Out west school was canceled for a week because of smoke from the fires.