I recomit myself to being faithful.

How could I have ever doubted you. You stuck by me---even through the biggest messes (and some of them were pretty messy.) Never complaining, even when I ignored you for long periods of time. Then, at the first sign of trouble, I immediately think it's time to replace you. I trolled the Internet looking for something newer. Something better. It was wrong. I admit it was a weakness on my part.

When at last I decided to give you a second chance, I found we could fix our problems. But I fear the damage has been done. Will you ever forgive me? You can hardly blame me for being so skeptical---critical and quick to judge. I've been hurt in the past and it isn't easy to trust anymore.

It really is difficult to find a reliable vacuum cleaner these days. But I think you are the one.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

That's the funniest thing you have ever written!! Love it!!


We finally broke down and payed an arm and a leg for an Oreck. That was almost 10 years ago and it was worth every penny. No more buying vacuums every 18 months.

mindy said...

yes, only someone who is passionate about their vacuum can appreciate my sense of humor:) I also have an oreck but the belt was broken and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working like it was supposed to. Changed the belt and Walah! Life is good again.

Julie Ramsay said...

I've never heard of an Oreck. We have one that I don't like...I want a new one!