Oh, so we're having a party?

The kids had some friends over last night. There were about 10 teenagers over. They ate pizza and played games. I'm trying to decide how uncool it is for me to hang around. The problem is not so much that I need to supervise. My kids don't actually need supervising. The thing is, I want to play too!

So, I sat in the adjoining room as they played their first game. When no one knew the answer I was ready and waiting to call it out. I'm pathetic. I know. But I can't help it! I rationalized that I wasn't really crashing in on their fun, because I was in the other room. When the kids started playing Rockband, I couldn't help it. I sang along with Heather. Sigh. I know!

Youth is wasted on the young. That's all I have to say. But the best part is that apparently I get to enjoy two childhoods. I'm so lucky.

4 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I would have loved if my mom had enjoyed doing the stuff I wanted to do with my friends. Of course, my nerd self had that as loving all things Austen and everything of that ilk. She just barely got to reading one of those 2 years ago. Where did I go wrong? Oh well, at least she and I share a passion for church history and genealogy.

Julie Ramsay said...

As long as your kids don't care...then you're cool!

Nancy said...

What a weirdo....hello???? You're like the freaky mom who dresses like her kids and thinks all the boys in High school are "cute". :) HA! We should all be so lucky!!!

Jenny Dahlke said...

I went to a youth dance a few months ago and figured I'd have to hide out in the foyer so as not to embarrass the boys. But, they were totally fine with me hanging out at the dance and even talked to me and allowed me to talk to their friends, I was shocked. I agree with you and don't know exactly where the line is, but I'm sure I'll cross it soon enough;)