Is it too much to ask to at least widen the road?

I call it the "curve of death." I try to avoid driving on it at all costs, but sometimes it is necessary. I am certain there isn't enough room for two cars to fit side by side. Someone is going to die on that curve. I'm pretty sure it is going to be me.

For this reason, when Heather was learning how to drive, I made her come to a complete stop if another driver was coming the other way. Trust me, it's safer that way. This morning Heather didn't stop, she just slowed down and we crept around the curve of death at 5mph while another car zipped past. I was gripping the side of the car tightly and screaming that we were going to die. But we didn't.

Sarah said the worst is when she stops and the car coming toward her also stops. Two cars paralyzed on the curve of death, too afraid to proceed. It's scary. I can hardly blame them.

1 comment:

Julie Ramsay said...

You are so dad reincarnated! Gripping the side and screaming!!! Poor Heather driving with her crazy, terrified mother! Well as you know all the roads here are tight and scary...hence no 16 year old drivers.