My house looks so clean and I'm so organized it's amazing.


Even though we don't have monthly service anymore, we still have our DISH hooked to the side of the house. Every month we get free preview channels. Last night I was home alone and decided to check out our channels (yes, both of them). For a long time we've had some real snoozers, so it's been a while since anyone has watched television. The Women's Channel. We had that last month. It was free and we still didn't want to watch it. How many different shows about weddings can there be? No thanks.

Anyway, I discovered that this month we have the Style Channel and last night there were continuous episodes of "Clean House." I've never seen it before, but I sat there enthralled for 3 hours, watching show after show. I finally figured out what was so great about the show. It showed all the dirtiest houses across the United States and how they got rid of most the junk.

Now matter how messy my house can get, it's still so much cleaner than any of the houses on the show. That show was the best self-esteem boost I've had in a long time. I felt so good about my housekeeping skills after watching that show! I complain about my clutter, but apparently I don't have a clutter problem.

I'm sure this wasn't the purpose of the show---to lull me into a false sense of complacency. It was more likely supposed to inspire me to want to clean my own house and declutter my life. Sadly it didn't have that effect. I was just so tickled that my house was so clean that I have no desire to do, well, anything.

And this is why I don't watch TV.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I have seen that show. It is so gross!! Did you see the one where they found three hundred dollars laying around in all that clutter?

Watching that show was well worth your time---it made you feel good!!

swissscrapper said...

I watch a British version of that show over here, and I have the same reaction as you, Mindy! I walk around feeling all proud and efficient for at least a week after every episode I happen to catch.

Julie Ramsay said...

I've not seen that show. But I think you are a very organized person! My friend Amy just left you a comment. My friend in England just told me she loves to read your blog too!

Jenny Dahlke said...

I do exactly the same thing, except with the crazy people on Oprah or Dr. Phil;) I just want to shout to my family, "Look how much more crazy I could be, you all are lucky to have me!"