It's nice to know someone is thinking about me.

I feel cruddy. Sore throat, headache and my body aches. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Brian understands, he felt the same way on Friday. He insists I stay home from church and sleep. I don't argue.

I am finally falling asleep. I hear something. My brain is fuzzy, but I figure it out---the phone is ringing. The answering machine can get it. Then I remember Nicholas has a band practice at our house at 2pm and at 5pm there is a something at the school. What if something is canceled. I groan and sit up. The phone is gone. Why is the phone is always missing?

It's on the second ring, if I hurry I can still catch it before the answering machine picks it up. I run downstairs. I'm dizzy, out of breath, and look down to see I've just stepped in cat throw up. But I've found the phone.

"Hello?"I squeak as loudly as I can into the phone. "Hi!"---It's Brian, it must be between meetings at church---"I'm just calling to see if you were able to get to sleep." He's thoughtful like that.

3 comments:

Julie Ramsay said...

Ewwww! Poor you! I hate it when Colin calls to check on me right at nap time...I think he does it on purpose. He doesn't think I need a daily nap but I do if I'm going to manage to be nice for homework and bedtime! I have aches and a sore throat too....WAH! How long does it last?

Jenny Dahlke said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you survive band practice and feel better soon.

Stefanie said...

Hope you feel better soon Mindy! You shoulda just let the phone ring and rest. Then again, he might've just kept calling if you didn't answer.